Tuesday 4 February 2014

Animatic and Lion Update

Animatic update:

www.ecuad.ca/~qwang12829/movies/gf_animatic2.mov

Things I did:
-added a few more frames that explains the action better.
-cut out the dining room scene so the beginning part is more brief. One less room to make in production yay!
-added sound effects and some bgm which in my mind, suits the mood but doesn't connect very well with each other.

Issue:
-climax is still not very climatic...
-bgm needs to improve...

---------------------------

BEATS of my story:
1. Girl attends her morning class.
2. Girl runs away from castle with winged lion.
3. Girl is scared (climax)
4. Lion looks out for girl.
5. Girl wakes up next day.

A more detailed breakdown:


---------------------------

The design of the lion has been further developed. Here is the lion's character sheet.


Some more reference images I gathered for the lion's wing and fur modeling ( I'm going to paint most of the fur on the texture)



 -----------------------------

Since I am taking Bob's lighting and rendering class, I've been doing some render tests. Ultimately I would like to render with maya software so the render time won't be an issue that holds me back.
(TopLeft: texture only; TopMid: ambient light; TopRight: VRay SSS; BottomRow: sampler info, facing normal.)



1 comment: