Wednesday 5 March 2014

Interior Design WIP

Since I am out of inspiration on the lion-design, I turned to do some interior design instead. Time is a bit scarce this week so this is all I can manage to produce so far:

I made a compilation of castle-related reference images, the style i want is between a medieval castle and a gothic church, but cartoon-fied.

This is my design of the library interior so far. This is the girl's classroom. From music to geography, biology to history, she learns pretty much everything in this room. There will be many more details to add to it (ship-in-a-bottle, draperies, carpet, desk, scrolls, potion bottles, snow globes, banners, emblems, books...etc).  I drew this in orthographic so I can move things around easily without worrying about the perspective too much. I will color this when the lineart is complete.

This is a page from my sketchbook. I was exploring the look of the windows. I want it to have a subtle feel of cellblock fence to it, but not too obvious. I've been looking into churches' stain glasses and some art nouveau patterns for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment