Tuesday 14 January 2014

First Thoughts

Title: unknown


Length: unknown


Theme/Concept: freedom


Log Line: A young heir "escapes" her rigid lifestyle, goes on an adventure with a mystical creature, and gets a taste of freedom.

Setting: Medieval/Gothic-looking Castle isolated from town and people. Highly-decorative, yet unfeeling and rigid.


Characters:

-the young heir is a little girl (age 7?) who will eventually inherit a castle(?) she's got a lot of etiquette to learn and manners to follow. She is trained to be the perfect lady. Her nature is very optimistic, energetic and playful (like Anna in Frozen). These qualities certainly are not suitable for her to become the high-class lady that is expected of her. Perhaps it is time to break away from tradition, rules and authority, try something new in life, follow your heart and imagination, discover some new options in life.

-the mystical creature is a winged creature, a symbol on the coat of arm of the young heir's castle. It will lead the little girl to a day of adventure in the vast world outside of the castle she grew up in. Is this beast weaved from the powerful imagination of our young heir, a product of her desperate longing for freedom? We shall find out.


Minor Character:
-governess will be the little girl's teacher/nanny, she is responsible of teaching the young heir everything that she needs to know to become a royal and gentle lady. Her characteristics are suppose to be stereotypical and flat. She is your usual disciplinarian; a persona of authority.


Movie Inspirations:
There are many movies that share the same theme and motives as my story. These are a few that I thought of when I was forming my ideas. These movies should help my watchers understand where I am headed more clearly.

movie inspirations



Why do I want to do this?
---It's a theme I can relate to.
---Making 3D assets is a lot fun for me.
---This project will improve my skill set (rigging, animation, rendering, storytelling especially.)
---This can be included in my future demo reel.
---I've never done something so big before, I love new challenges.
---I hope this can be inspirational to some people, or at least a delight to watch.
---I love what I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment